Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Backup Bash Attendees Donate $1500 At Charity Raffle, in honor of Nathan Fillion's next birthday
MalNourished
post Dec 12 2006, 06:30 AM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 3,755

Sunday night at the Hilton, nearly 70 B3 attendees participated in a raffle benefiting Fringe Theatre Adventures, a non-profit organization in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The donations totaled approximately $1500, and were made in honor of Nathan's next birthday!

The raffle included 57 prizes that were generously donated by individual Browncoats as well as B3 dealers. The prizes included:

Mal Limited Edition Fine Art Canvas advance print (Jason Palmer)
Serenity ornament, TPB, Zippo lighter (Dark Horse)
Jayne and Jewel photos (Holzheimers)
Mal photos autographed by Nathan, authentic Serenity celluloid (originally purchased from Nathan's brother)
Wash-o-saurus gift bag, including Dashboard Buddha, lanyards, and a Bag 'o Wash-o-saurs
Limited edition, autographed posters (Geoffrey Mandel, Serenity graphic artist)
Serenity poker chips (Read My Chest)
Firefly calendar (Firefly Cargo Bay)
Firefly trading cards, bracelets, and a terrifying space monkey (FanDone)
Art Prints by Mike Phillips (Sihnon Prints)
Browncoat tees, Let's Be Bad Guys tee, Bunkmate tee, bracelets (Out to the Black Outfitters)

This raffle was part of the Keep the Fringe Flyin' donation drive, which continues until March 27th. For more information, please visit the Good Works website.

We can't say enough about the generosity of everyone who donated and the dealers who provided such incredible prizes. Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lexigeek
post Dec 12 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #2

Browncoat

Group: Browncoats
Member No.: 5,686

QUOTE(MalNourished @ Dec 11 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]389780[/snapback]
Sunday night at the Hilton, nearly 70 B3 attendees participated in a raffle benefiting Fringe Theatre Adventures, a non-profit organization in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The donations totaled approximately $1500, and were made in honor of Nathan's next birthday!

The raffle included 57 prizes that were generously donated by individual Browncoats as well as B3 dealers. The prizes included:

Mal Limited Edition Fine Art Canvas advance print (Jason Palmer)
Serenity ornament, TPB, Zippo lighter (Dark Horse)
Jayne and Jewel photos (Holzheimers)
Mal photos autographed by Nathan, authentic Serenity celluloid (originally purchased from Nathan's brother)
Wash-o-saurus gift bag, including Dashboard Buddha, lanyards, and a Bag 'o Wash-o-saurs
Limited edition, autographed posters (Geoffrey Mandel, Serenity graphic artist)
Serenity poker chips (Read My Chest)
Firefly calendar (Firefly Cargo Bay)
Firefly trading cards, bracelets, and a terrifying space monkey (FanDone)
Art Prints by Mike Phillips (Sihnon Prints)
Browncoat tees, Let's Be Bad Guys tee, Bunkmate tee, bracelets (Out to the Black Outfitters)

This raffle was part of the Keep the Fringe Flyin' donation drive, which continues until March 27th. For more information, please visit the Good Works website.

We can't say enough about the generosity of everyone who donated and the dealers who provided such incredible prizes. Thank you!

That is absolutely incredible! GREAT job, you guys!!

+Quote Post
NYPinTA
post Dec 12 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #3

The cuteness of this kitten... kills me. Dead. Dead of cute.

Member No.: 865

The willingness to give seemed to be a theme all weekend. icon_biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Krazy Kurya
post Dec 12 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #4

DJ KoolKash

Member No.: 38

OH MY GOD! fricken fantastic!
I do plan to donate just after the new year wheni have money.. .actually know how I procrastinate, I will probably donate on march 26th icon_razz.gif
DOes nathan know about this?
prakash

+Quote Post
MalGal
post Dec 12 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #5

Vigilante Dream Team

Member No.: 1,232

I am not sure Nathan is aware of this yet.

I'm more than impressed with all the people who donated items for the raffle and donations to the Fringe.

QUOTE("MalNourished")

I agree with this. Thank you doesn't even begin to cover it.

+Quote Post
FollowMal
post Dec 12 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #6

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not.

Group: Paid Members
Member No.: 443

Oh, the generosity of everyone was wonderful and the feeling there was palpable with goodness, it truly was.

I just want to say that from what I heard of folks talking about this, I believe sincerely that Nathan will find out about this from an external source. It won't be necessary for it to come from us.

And I really think that would be better.... so affirming to us and to our cause, if it comes from someone outside our organization. icon_smile.gif I have no worries that this will happen and it will be best.

In my business, it's my customers who speak highly of me who carry the most weight with my parts vendors, bankers and other customers. It's the best way to spread good news! icon_smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_DizzyEllie_*
post Dec 12 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #7

Guests

It was an amazing event, thanks to everyone who donated money, time, and prizes. The vendors practically threw stuff at us when we said we were collecting for our event. The generosity we saw the entire weekend floors me, and I am still getting misty over it.

+Quote Post
herointhesea
post Dec 14 2006, 06:16 AM
Post #8

On the crew

Group: Browncoats
Member No.: 7,119

I, too, am still having more than a few tears over this thing. Every time I see the Good Works banner I just can't help it. You ladies are so damn incredible. As are the many, many folks who just kept giving this weekend even when they'd been so completely taken advantage of already. We are, indeed, a mighty fandom.

+Quote Post
MalGal
post Dec 14 2006, 06:43 AM
Post #9

Vigilante Dream Team

Thank you, sweetie. That means so much to me.

+Quote Post
Guest_DizzyEllie_*
post Dec 14 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #10

Guests

What amazes me is that the dealers were shafted by all this, yet were quick to give when we asked.

Thanks, Hero, for the comments. I was amazed how many people came to the room and donated. It was a very special thing.

+Quote Post
FollowMal
post Dec 14 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #11

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not.

Group: Paid Members
Member No.: 443

I couldn't believe how many people dipped into their pockets again, after losing money to BE... after spending money at the vendors, after all the expense, there they were lined up buying raffle tickets and donating! In a big way! It was the most wonderful weekend... and it translated clear up til the end of the evening with this raffle.

+Quote Post
BDH-Mike
post Dec 14 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #12

Decent & Funny Guy

Member No.: 1,895

Lol i feel bad i didn't dip in, but then there hasn't been much to dip into these days...just started a new job so hopefully that will change icon_smile.gif.

The one thing i love about us is.. we really put our hearts into this...we dont care about the money, we know it will be used correctly, and access will be donated to a worthy cause...it's just a beautiful thing icon_smile.gif. very shiny people icon_mrgreen.gif

+Quote Post
MalGal
post Dec 14 2006, 10:50 PM
Post #13

Vigilante Dream Team

Everybody was so generous. I'm still stunned (in a good way). I really gives you faith in humanity. There are so many wonderful people out there and many of them were at B3.

+Quote Post
Krazy Kurya
post Dec 15 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #14

DJ KoolKash

Member No.: 38

Yeah i wish I can give now, but i am really strappefd for cahs, but you can be damn sure right before his bday, I will give something(hopefully have a job then :S). Awesome job folks
Prakash

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 04:46 AM
Explicit Dimness Skin By Invision Styles & Destiny Paradise