Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alternative Flanvention Plan, ATTENTION ALL BROWNCOATS PLANNING ON ATTENDING FLAN!
danregal
post Nov 28 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Browncoat

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 639

ATTENTION ALL BROWNCOATS PLANNING ON ATTENDING FLAN!

We are all a little disconcerted by the update from Booster regarding the possible cancellation of Flan2. Many people have expressed concern at their un-cancelable reservations (airfare and hotel), and some are considering attending anyway.

With this in mind, the California Browncoats are willing to step up and make sure that those who choose to come out anyway, will have something to do when they get here. To do this successfully on such short notice we need to coordinate efforts, make sure there's someone who knows what's going on, and can coordinate efforts effectively, without a lot of duplication, mixed messages, or confusion.

If you are interested in helping, have already gathered information, or just want to know what's going on, please contact Adam Levermore-Rich (lexigeek on the boards) at adam.levermorerich@gmail.com so we can get an idea of what's happened already, we would greatly appreciate it.

Also, if you're planning on going come hellmouth or high water, please also let us know so we have an idea of how many people we need to plan for. Any information you have about your room reservations (number of rooms/number of nights) would also help us negotiate with the Hilton.

--

Update:

If you are planning on coming to Burbank for the back-up plan we (the California Browncoats) are currently working on in the event Flanvention is cancelled, please be sure to bring:

1. ID and,
2. The confirmation e-mail Booster Events sent you.

We want to make sure we give priority to those who have already spent money on tickets, but we don't have Booster's database of attedees, so we'll need some way to verify who's who.

--

Thank you for all your help! Please re-post this so we can start channeling all this stupendous energy into creating a positive experience for everyone.

Thank You
James
California Browncoats
www.californiabrowncoats.org
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gossi
post Nov 28 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #2

Command and Control

Member No.: 3

Dan, I am going to seperate your post to a seperate topic if that's okay, so people can alternatively plan and discuss the announcement in each.

+Quote Post
Sarrava
post Nov 28 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #3

On the crew

Group: Paid Members
Member No.: 174

1) The hotel reservations are cancellable. (Is that a word?)

My reservation is for the night of the 7th, and my confirmation states:
Should you need to cancel please contact us before 11:59 PM on 06 Dec 2006 local property time to avoid cancellation penalties.

I take this to mean that the reservations are cancellable at least up to 24 hours in advance.

2) Since this was to be my "mom's time off" vacation, and I skipped the Vegas Sindig to justify spending more money on Flan, I'm most likely still coming down and interested in doing what I can to make sure a replacement Shindig happens. I am mostly interested in meeting and hanging out with other Browncoats, so I'll have fun even if just a few others show up. But if we can make more of it, I'm all for that!

+Quote Post
theonetruebix
post Nov 28 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #4

Captain

Member No.: 11

Yeah I've already emailed lexigeek to say my intention is to be at the Hilton regardless.

+Quote Post
MalGal
post Nov 28 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #5

Vigilante Dream Team

Member No.: 1,232

I'm in for it as well. I've already contacted Adam L. about it.

+Quote Post
Sarrava
post Nov 28 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #6

On the crew

Member No.: 174

QUOTE(theonetruebix @ Nov 28 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]381227[/snapback]
Yeah I've already emailed lexigeek to say my intention is to be at the Hilton regardless.
QUOTE(MalGal @ Nov 28 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]381229[/snapback]
I'm in for it as well. I've already contacted Adam L. about it.

See - I already know I'm gonna have a good time, regardless! icon_biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MalGal
post Nov 28 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #7

Vigilante Dream Team

So will I. Admittedly, I will be disappointed about Flan, but I am still looking forward to meeting everyone who will be going to California.

+Quote Post
BDH-Mike
post Nov 28 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #8

Decent & Funny Guy

Member No.: 1,895

Hell ya!

I'm going to try to be around...i actually didnt plan to attend Flan because of the expensese...but now im going to be there for sure icon_razz.gif

I was playing around with the name "Coat Con" icon_razz.gif ..ya not to great...but who knows how big this might get!

don't worry guys we're going to have a great time...ill see to it! icon_mrgreen.gif

+Quote Post
MalGal
post Nov 28 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #9

Vigilante Dream Team

Thanks Mike. I certainly appreciate the way everyone is stepping up and trying to make something to happen for us. It's truly awesome.

+Quote Post
BDH-Mike
post Nov 28 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #10

Decent & Funny Guy

i really wish i could say, i was phyiscally doing something at this moment....but ill have to see what James (danregal) needs of me....but him and Lynn (of the Socal BC's) are super shiny people..and will have something set up...

it is pretty shiny...and we have to be even more vigilant...we are gorram browncoats! nothing in the 'verse can stop us...not even retarded convention organizers...

but i for one cant sit back and have people come from all points of the globe, come to our town and not have a good time...so hopefully ill get to help out in my own way...if anything ill be around at the shindigs icon_razz.gif

icon_mrgreen.gif

+Quote Post
MalGal
post Nov 28 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #11

Vigilante Dream Team

I agree and thanks. It will be nice to meet everyone.

+Quote Post
earthgirl
post Nov 28 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #12

Captain

Member No.: 218

okay, so it's looking like Kathy Browncoat and I may be out there whether there is a flan or no flan -- so we'll have our shiny firefly-serenity merchandise in tow for sale-- probably out of our suitcases since there may be no dealer room. we're bringing so much stuff we may not have enough room to pack clothes to wear during the weekend!!

let's make this a happening whether BE is involved or not!!! True browncoat way of dealing with thing!! And lets hope we can all get refunds on our ticket prices and such....

we'll all be in the mood to really party after all this purplebelly mismanagement!!!!

BDH-Mike... does this mean I'll actually get to see you in person?!?!??!?!?

+Quote Post
BDH-Mike
post Nov 28 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #13

Decent & Funny Guy

hell yea icon_smile.gif

just come up to me and say hi!

lol, I'm just one more reason to still come to SoCal icon_mrgreen.gif

+Quote Post
whynotsaylove
post Nov 28 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #14

Browncoat

Member No.: 2,416

QUOTE(earthgirl @ Nov 28 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]381341[/snapback]

so we'll have our shiny firefly-serenity merchandise in tow for sale-- probably out of our suitcases since there may be no dealer room.

Hey, just post your room number and I bet people will stop by. Set up your shiny merch on the beds and let people shop.

+Quote Post
gossi
post Nov 28 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #15

Command and Control

Member No.: 3

I've posted an update on the original post (above) from one of the organisers.

+Quote Post
MalGal
post Nov 28 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #16

Vigilante Dream Team

Thanks gossi. I appreciate that.

+Quote Post
earthgirl
post Nov 29 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #17

Captain

QUOTE(whynotsaylove @ Nov 28 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]381401[/snapback]

Hey, just post your room number and I bet people will stop by. Set up your shiny merch on the beds and let people shop.

okay... putting my merchandise on the bed and letting people shop.... I know that's illegal!!!
oh wait...
you weren't talking about THAT kind of merchandise!!!! icon_redface.gif
icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

+Quote Post
shavenyak
post Nov 29 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #18

Group: Browncoats
Member No.: 1,686

Well, I live locally and will be able to help out with the weekend from Friday morning until Sunday evening. If anyone is organizing and needs help, please email me at: shavenyak {at} gmail {dot} com

+Quote Post
theonetruebix
post Nov 29 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #19

Captain

QUOTE(shavenyak @ Nov 28 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]381528[/snapback]

Well, I live locally and will be able to help out with the weekend from Friday morning until Sunday evening. If anyone is organizing and needs help, please email me at: shavenyak {at} gmail {dot} com

The SoCal group on Yahoo! has a database for people to volunteer, etc.

+Quote Post
tdbrown
post Nov 29 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #20

Captain of the good ship Jade and the "Slightly Irregulars&

Member No.: 3,986

I just want to say that I am down-right Proud of how all the Browncoats are dealing with this and Banding together. There's been some really tough times for us as a Fandom of late, and seeing this reaction makes me humbled and at the same time exceedly honored to be among your Number. We are indeed Mighty icon_smile.gif. TD/Tim

+Quote Post
lexigeek
post Nov 29 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #21

Browncoat

Member No.: 5,686

Morning, folks. Just wanted to give you an update on our plans to create an alternate fan experience in the event Flanvention II falls through.

First, we now have a name for this shindig. We're calling it the Browncoats' Backup Bash. We thought that kind of covered all the bases icon_smile.gif We've even set up a new e-mail address. If you have questions, you can e-mail us at backupbash@sfbrowncoats.com.

Second, plans are proceeding on making this as exciting an event as possible on such short notice. We're working out a schedule of potential events and activities as we speak. We are in touch with the hotel to try to work out meeting space, and as has been mentioned previously, they will honor the previously negotiated group rate for anyone who has a reservation. We've also talked with a bunch of the vendors who were planning to be there, and most have said they're interested in still attending even if Flan falls through.

Finally, we are working on contacting the actors to see if they'll be willing to attend as well. I can't stress this enough: we can't make any guarantees, especially at this late date, but you have our word that we will try our hardest to make it happen.

On the topic of contacting the Big Damn Heroes, I have a request. We have very good contact info for all the actors and other celebs, so please let us make these calls. The last thing any of us want is for the actors or Joss to get a ton of phone calls and e-mails and get so frustrated they just decide to back out.

Our main hope is that Booster comes through and Flan goes off without a hitch, making these preparations unnecessary. But if it does fall through, we hope everyone who had a ticket to Flan will consider still coming and enjoying the Browncoats' Backup Bash!

Adam Levermore-Rich

+Quote Post
theonetruebix
post Nov 29 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #22

Captain

Any chance, in the event of Backup, and if nothing can be made to happen re: the cast, of doing fan commentaries like those posted on my (mostly dormant, but that's my fault) bigdamncommentaries.com site, except, you know, live?

+Quote Post
herointhesea
post Nov 29 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #23

On the crew

Member No.: 7,119

Adam. Seriously. How could we ever thank you enough for mobilizing on this so quickly?

+Quote Post
genesgal
post Nov 29 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #24

Browncoat

Member No.: 7,376

Adam .. what the Booster people have done is make me mad as hell.

what you and the other CalBrowncoats are doing has made me cry...you really are such special people and I'll be very very happy to finally meet you next week

Oh It was me you bought your pass#388 from

+Quote Post
Morri
post Nov 29 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #25

On the crew

Member No.: 1,387

Oh wow! Adam has me crying again! icon_razz.gif But this time out of happiness for that thing I like to call Browncoat Love! Wow, CaliCoats (and others helping them) you all are so wonderful! I'm not much help at the planning and I don't have a dime to spare, but I am strong and quite capable of manual labor, running around chasing people etc. So I'll definately find you all when I check in on Thursday.

Thank you everyone! Ok, gotta go back to work now and look normal. icon_biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_DizzyEllie_*
post Nov 29 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #26

Guests

Gooey Browncoat love. That's what's keeping me going right now. Love to everyone who is doing something to help in this situation.

+Quote Post
leiasky
post Nov 29 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #27

Browncoat

Member No.: 7,197

A friend and I have a suite reserved for Sat Dec 9th. We're not giving it up and are still going to host our party whether the Con goes on as scheduled or not, so stop on by.

I've already made flyers for it and will hang them up on Sat to let peeps know the suite #.

Tammy

+Quote Post
Cedric
post Nov 29 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 5,335

The Bedlam Bards will be there, whether for the Flanvention II or for the Browncoat Backup Bash. Expect a great concert!

Cedric

+Quote Post
VaderDawsn
post Nov 29 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #29

Browncoat

Member No.: 8,359

Adam,
I don't know you, I but I like ya! Thanks for giving us some hope. I look forward to getting together with some Browncoats whether or not Flan pans out! I appreciate all of your efforts!

-Samantha

+Quote Post
earthgirl
post Nov 30 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #30

Captain

I think we need to come up with some sort of medal of honor for Adam and the SoCal Browncoats and all involved in making the Browncoat Backup Bash happen... maybe a Black Star award from the Independants flag....

anyway--
I'll be there and ready to party after all this stress!!!

SEE YYOU ALL NEXT WEEK COME HELL, HIGH WATER or BE BACKOUT!!!!

yea browncoats!!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:48 AM
Explicit Dimness Skin By Invision Styles & Destiny Paradise