Various Ramblings from the Goddess of Sexy

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rating 0
2 Pages V   1 2 >

Fox Sucks.

Posted by Xandira, Apr 27 2007, 05:14 PM

okay so I lied. one more entry before I leave.

the Fox network is stupid. They had this new show that started and I rather liked it. Drive. about an illegal cross country road race run by a mysterious "they" who occationally kidnap people and force there loved ones to race to get them back. It was really interesting. good character dynamics and development, interesting premice and best of all, cool cars driving fast.

it was been airing for a little over ONE WEEK. and they cancelled it. Okay, so there were 4 episodes released, but 3 of them were within 2 days. There's hardly enough time for people to find out about it! I know a lot of people who were intending to watch it but were busy the weekend it came out. I can't tell you how often I remember about shows I wanted to watch 2 or 3 weeks after they start. What really annoys me is that they replaced it with more reruns of House. now, House is a good show. but reruns??? I would rather see something new anyday. and I am still not gonna watch 24.

And this is certainly not the first good show they screwed over. Family guy, Futurama, Wonderfalls, Dark Angel, True Calling, FIREFLY. Thats it. I do not watch fox shows ANYMORE! they just get my hopes up. okay, maybe after a shows first full season. the trouble is that they pick up good shows and then don't give them a chance to be found by the public to be good. especially to the sci-fi public. It also doesn't help that they are often unadvertized and aired out of order. you just can't air Science fiction shows out of order! it usually screws up the explaination of the world. If it is a drama about relationships, fine. everyone already knows the premice and setting behind falling in love with your stepbrother or having an affair. you don't have to explain the rules of the world and culture its set in.

There is a serious shortage of good Science Fiction shows. that aren't another rehash of Star Trek, and they keep teasing us with interesting things, and then desiding we aren't a big enough audience to justify it. I would rather have NO sci fi then 6 or 8 shows with only 6 episodes each! (or less)

I'm TV depressed. I have no sci fi to watch. BSG is done for a year, Stargate is gone. Atlantis is on break. Dresden Files is on an unexplained just-not-there break (cancelled?). Lost is stupid now. Jericho doesn't really count as Sci fi. although the US does get blowed up which is kinda interesting. at least Heroes is back. And I am gonna miss it for the next two weeks. *sigh*

I'm gonna find something good to watch.

How To Deal With A (insert Expletive(s) Here)

Posted by Xandira, Jul 27 2006, 11:43 PM

You know, its is REALLY difficult when you have a friend and you really like him. He is nice and smart and funny and more or less polite. But he has a wife. Who used to be a part of the group, but is no longer any of those nice agreeable things, and therefore drives EVERYONE in the group freaking crazy.

The problem is that this woman has become 2 things. Born again (in the stuck up self rightious kinda way) and completely self centered. So now, she thinks she is better then everyone around her because she was married in the LDS temple, and we are not, and she doesn't stop to think about anything she says before she says it. So she says things like "any marriage outside of the temple is a joke" in a room full of not-temple wed people. And gets all her former friends ready to throttle her.

The really ironic thing is that not only was she married civally for a year first, but she used to be an on the streets, doing drugs, sex before marriage kinda person.

Now, I get that some people have issues. This one has bad mom, foster parents, love/relationship issues. But I don't understand how she can go from being a little crazy, but nice enough, to being a complete and total bitch with no social conscience and a need to have attention. (we don't all need to hear you deliberating for 10 minutes about weither or not you should drink half a can of coke, thank you very much. No matter what your blood sugar is at or how happy you are to have diabetes!)

Our whole group is feeling REALLY bad for our friend. His wife does stuff like coming to his gameing group and playing D&D with us, and then says behind his back (to one of his friend's mothers no less) that she wants him to stop hanging out with his friends and playing those childish games or she won't let their kids see his mother. Like, WTF? Its bad enough that she told me before the wedding that she wanted him to stop seeing his mother so much, but punishing the kids and grandma for his choise of hobbies??? Its not like he has grown up adult hobbies like strip clubs and drinking, or poker with the guys. But its like he can't have time or care for anyone but her, because that means he loves her less.

But what can 4 or 5 concerned friends do in that situation? We can't stand to be around her because she offhandedly insults at least one, if not all of us, on a regular basis. And she wants to keep him from the things and people he likes. And he is losing a lot of his carefree cheerful attitude that he used to have. But he loves her, and they have a kid on the way, and we are not the kind of people to say "her or us" . that would be totally unfair, and he would pick her in a second. Until she makes him so miserable that he has to do something about it.

How do you tell a friend that his wife is rude, manipulative, self-rightious, prejudice, close minded, selfish, and an attention whore?

Well, if she pisses me off one more time, he just might over hear me telling her. Oh what I wouldn't give to tell that woman off in a BIG way.

Nothing Much. And Cajun Food.

Posted by Xandira, Jul 18 2006, 08:16 PM

I have been meaning to write in my blog for weeks now. But now that I am sitting here I realize I have nothing to say.

Life is adverage. New boss at work cut my pay back to minimum wage, playing lots of computer games and reading, hanging out with friends... blah blah blah.

I am however trying a new Cajun dinner recipie tonight that a friend of mine emailed to me. Kinda excited about that.

Here it is if you curious 2 people. with a colored title and everything

Cajun Crusted Chicken with Creole Mashed Potatoes

Serves 4

Ingredients:

Four 6- to 7-ounce/180- to 200-g boneless chicken breasts (with the skin on)
6 tablespoons/50 g Cajun spice blend (including cayenne pepper, dried
thyme, garlic powder and paprika)
4 russet potatoes (about 3 pounds/1.36 g total), peeled and quartered
2 tablespoons/30 ml olive oil
4 andouille sausages (about 13 ounces/369 g total), sliced thinly into rounds
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
6 shallots, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely crushed
1 cup/286 ml chicken stock, warmed
1/2 cup/10 g chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
All purpose flour, for dusting

Method:

To marinate the chicken:

Using a large sharp knife, score 3 slits over the tops of the chicken
breasts. Rub the chicken breasts all over with the Cajun spices and
cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

To prepare the potatoes:

In a large pot of boiling water, cook the potatoes for 25 minutes or
until soft. Drain the potatoes in a colander and allow them to steam
dry in the colander for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon/15 ml
of oil in a heavy large sautÚ pan over medium-high heat.

Add the sausages and fry until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Using a
slotted spoon, transfer the sausages to a plate and set aside. Add
the bell pepper, shallots and garlic to the same pan, and sautÚ for 8
minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the shallots are golden.

Add the potatoes and half of the chicken stock to the pepper mixture
and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, coarsely mashing the potatoes with the
back of the spoon. Stir in the parsley, cooked sausage and the
remaining chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.

To cook the chicken:

Preheat the oven to 375░F/190░C. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon/15
ml of oil in a very large oven-proof sautÚ pan over high heat. Be sure
the pan is large enough so that the chicken breasts do not touch each
other. This will allow them to brown nicely. If you don't have a pan
large enough to fit all the chicken breasts without crowding them, use
2 large pans and divide the oil and chicken between the pans.

Dust both sides of the chicken breasts with a little flour and place
them in the pan skin side down. Cook for 2 minutes or until the
chicken skin is crisp and golden. Transfer the pan to the oven and
roast the chicken for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken breasts over and
return to the oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked
through. Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.

To serve:

Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into thick slices. Mound the
potatoes on 4 dinner plates. Arrange the chicken slices alongside the
potatoes. Drizzle the pan juices from the chicken around the chicken
and potatoes and serve.

Much Love to you all
Xan

My Professional Value

Posted by Xandira, May 19 2006, 04:10 PM

I love feeling wanted. It doesn't often happen, especially when one is pursueing a degree is something as generic and generally impractical as English Literature. Academics and professionals are not really clammering for your time, as being able to quote Shakespeare and Dickens inside out and backwards is not really a employable skill. Unless you are an actor, in which case you would have a theatre degree instead or as well. So, because of this lack of enthusiasm, I got very excited when I got begged to take a job with my former employer at another of his video stores. Its a nice feeling to be wanted like, NOW, and to be able to skip the resume/interview process. I think this has been the most painless job search ever. Now if only the library would call and want me too. That would be awesome. In the meantime I will settle for working a minimum wage job that is actually quite similar and that I do enjoy. And continue to pursue my all but useless degree. (good thing I am adding a Library Tech Certificate to it!)

Charity Screening Of "serenity" In Vancouver, Bc

Posted by Xandira, May 15 2006, 03:56 PM

Charity Screening of "Serenity" in Vancouver, BC for "Equality Now"

All Profits from this movie showing are going to Equality Now, an organization that works to end violence and discrimination against women and girls around the world.

There is an Extra charge when paying via paypal to cover the silly paypal fees and possible shipping if you order early enough (otherwise you can pick up your preordered tickets from me at the door). You can also contact one of the Organizers directly and pay them in person for no extra charge.

Date: Saturday, June 24, 2006
Time: 2:15 pm
Doors open at 1:45 pm
202 - 1131 Howe Street
Vancouver, BC
Phone: 604-688-8202

Tickets are $13 until May 31st, $15 after May 31st.

For information about this screening and Door Prizes or to buy tickets Online, to go to The Offical Website For Vancouver

Hope to see you there!

Wedding Pictures!

Posted by Xandira, May 7 2006, 04:15 PM

for those who care, here are a few that my sister took. some are a little fuzzy, but we have not got the other ones yet. so these will do.

So this is about half the crowd that was there. very small wedding!

IPB Image

Me in the car on the way there. (stupid corset made it really hard to sit at the angle cars usualy insist you sit at. which is why I had to sit straight up against the back with my head against the back window. it was not fun.)

IPB Image

Walking down the isle with my parents.

IPB Image

Just after the actual Ceremony part (which was about 15 minutes long. thank goodness cuz it was FREEZING cold. although the rain held off until after pictures. I was actually warm enough but my bridesmaid was so cold. the best man gave her his jacket in the middle of the vows icon_smile.gif )

IPB Image

General Kissage. although if you look hard enough I am trying SO hard not to laugh. mostly because they are all trying to get a picture of it and we had been lip locked for about 3 minutes while ppl were directing us. it was strange.

IPB Image

anyway, thats it! I still have to get the pictures of our Honeymoon in Tofino, but that is a lot of pictures of open sandy beaches and crashing Surf and pretty trees,so I probly won't post it icon_smile.gif

I'm out!

More Nervous Than Me

Posted by Xandira, Apr 26 2006, 10:41 PM

So, we have 3 days left til the wedding. What I want to know is how many people are scared out of their wits before their wedding, because me and Gord have heard nothing but "are you scared?" "ooh its your last week of freedom" and " are you sure your not gonna back out from nerves?". I mean, WTF? I"m starting to feel like the only people in the world who the idea of Marriage seems natural and exciting, but not in the slightest bit nerve-racking. Gord's Co-workers are really starting to bug him with this kinda talk. Of course he is in the works yard with all the middle aged, machine driving, drinkin with the guys, married for 15 years kinda people, so its kind of to be expected. but still. give it a rest already

I have no problem with feeling unsure or scared or nervous or anything. Not even about the prepareations for the wedding event. I mean, I have my dress, flowers, pastor, paperwork. so everything else is details. heck, even if the pastor gets stuck in Arizona where he is on holiday until friday and can't make it, we will just call another one, or find a JOP as soon as we can. meh. It will all work out somehow.

What I wonder is if this lack of nerves is because the actual wedding part is so casual and generally as simple as I could get away with. I have no professionals of any kind, its all family, and very small. I could see being much more stressed out if I was trying to have a big formal detail heavy type affair. Maybe that stress is what people see as nerves. hmmm..

I just don't get it

Decent Of The Old Folks

Posted by Xandira, Apr 20 2006, 10:29 PM

YAY!!! I am done. like totally exams and everything done! (for 3 weeks but shhhhhh, its gonna be a crazy fun 3 weeks!)

I want to celebrate. Do something totally de-stressing and fun. that does not involve alcohol cuz that is just bad. any suggestions?

oh yeah. it has to fit in after the fiance's grandparents come over and fuss and scowl over my housekeeping setup. His grandfathers girlfriend, who is your typical little old conservative lady, has already asked me the vital questions like do I like to cook? (yes but not as much as Gord does),

am I good at cooking? (give me a recipie and I can do anything you give me the equiptment for cuz my selection of kitchen supplies is limited),

am I glad I am out of my parents so I can keep my own house clean for a change? (heck, I"m glad I am out of my parents so I can make my own mess and not get yelled at if I don't get around to cleaning it up for a few hours. or days)

When do I want to have kids? (give me a few years with the boy and we will see! after I get my degree at least! and we have to go to europe first)

Am I gonna work when we have kids? (not if the cost of living goes down. otherwise, probably some.)

course if I were to say any of those things I would give the poor woman a heart attack. oh well. she will have to settle for snooping around my house. this one time. cuz it is new. as long as my drawers are left unopened we should be fine. Course if she opens my bedside table drawer she deserves whatever heart attack she gets from the shock of what its contents implys! icon_twisted.gif icon_eek.gif icon_cool.gif HEY! I"m gonna be married in a week. I gotta start stocking up!

Keep in mind, this is the GIRLFRIEND of Gord's grandfather. not even technically family. oh well. He is a bit an old european pill himself. With the old fashioned values of "entertain me for I am supreme patriarch of this family"

Gord's grandmother (on the other side) would probably just twitter and wink at my bedside table. she is tooo adorable.

anyway, nice enough people in the right setting. but I have to put on my hostess face tonight, and I am not looking forward to it. Last time I was at their place, there was a 3 course snack, served on fancy plates as she walked around the room with the platters. I don't do that. I put out a bowl of munchies and a pitcher of juice and call it done. Call me newfangled.

ANYWAY, back to contemplating the wonderful nothingness that is the "have to" plans for this weekend. oh shoot. I have to give a talk in church on sunday. I take it back. I gotta fit that into the batchelorette party fun somewhere too. *sigh* It never ends.

Aahhhhhhhh

Posted by Xandira, Apr 10 2006, 11:47 PM

Thats it. just AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

*hair pulling stressed out me*

pretty much says it all.

My Drinking Teacher

Posted by Xandira, Apr 7 2006, 04:34 PM

I have never had this much trouble focusing on an assignment before! its annoyin the heck out of me. And I keep finding other things to do instead. like Blogging.

Anyway I have the coolest English Prof EVER. She took the whole class out for drinks and appy's yesterday instead of going to class. It was awesome. I don't drink alcohol, but virgin margaritas are amazing! as is milestones popcorn shrimp.. mmmmmmm.... It was kinda strange sitting there discussing stuff like cute geeky faculty, chest sizes, and travel plans with a teacher. as you could probably tell our class was mostly girls icon_smile.gif anyway. awesome time. especially when Karen (the teacher) got a little drunk. SO funny!

and I got to impress the heck out of the whole class with my knowledge of how to jump a car and my recognition of alternator problems. It was funny. I know next to nothing about cars, but I have has 3 junkers in the last few years, and had to replace the alternator in all 3 of them. so I know what that looks like!

Anyway, I really have to go beat my head into submission over this essay thing. I still have another one to do for tuesday too!

I'll be around!

2 Pages V   1 2 >