cabri's Inner 'Verse

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rating 0
Entries on 29-February 08

Tell Me! Tell Me! Wait, Don't Tell Me!

Posted by cabri, Feb 29 2008, 11:45 PM in Life in the Slave Pens

I'm still a relative newcomer to the internet. This was brought home to me by the new flurry of activity surrounding Dollhouse, Joss's new series.

This will be the first time I'm heavily involved in a forum for a show in production. I belong to other boards for series like Heroes and Burn Notice, but I tend to avoid topics about the episodes during the season because I'm always running behind. (I work nights and have to tape everything.) Besides, those aren't my boards, my home boards, the places I have to go each and every day, so no great loss if I go a couple of weeks or months without visiting them and seeing stuff.

But now Dollhouse is prepping for production and there's all kinds of new stuff floating around. Casting sides are out -- heck, I'd never even heard of casting sides until yesterday! People are posting bits and pieces of dialogue, talking about characters that weren't in Ausiello's post, and I'm sitting here thinking, But I don't wanna know! Except I do! Unless it's an important plot point! Or if knowing ahead of time will stop it being funny!

Many of the people I know were around for Firefly's initial run and are old hands at this kind of thing. Now I'm going to have to pick my way through rumors and speculation, plot detours around spoilers, and stick my fingers in ears and sing 'lalalalala' whenever one of the actors says to Crrrraig, 'Well, I can't tell you much, but I can tell you that ...' I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

It's going to be a looooong six months.

icon_eek.gif

Because I really want to know!!! icon_wink.gif

Comments

admin, Mar 1 2008, 08:51 AM

I said sorry icon_sad.gif

StevieB, Mar 1 2008, 03:57 PM

I take it you're not counting "Drive". icon_sad.gif
Normally over here in the UK we are even further behind in our TV viewing than you, but thanks to the interwebs that's not such a problem these days. icon_wink.gif

cabri, Mar 4 2008, 06:31 PM

QUOTE (admin @ Mar 1 2008, 03:51 AM)
I said sorry icon_sad.gif

icon_eek.gif No, no, dev, this was more of an "omg how am I going to survive the next 6 months if I get worried over a stupid little thing like character names?". This wasn't aimed at you in particular! icon_sad.gif

Well, there's maybe a teensy bit of "hey, dev, I'm a moron, don't mind me" in it. icon_redface.gif

cabri, Mar 4 2008, 06:35 PM

QUOTE (StevieB @ Mar 1 2008, 10:57 AM)
I take it you're not counting "Drive". icon_sad.gif

The thing with Drive was that the pilot was already shot and sitting around for 6 months before it aired, and I still hadn't even heard about it until Fox finally picked it up (the 2nd time). So all that info was already in the series descriptions. And, to be honest, it wasn't Joss. icon_wink.gif

Silmarwen, May 9 2008, 06:59 PM

*giggles* You are too cute. I know exactly how you feel. I have an email sitting in my box right now that Loper posted in LOST. So there it sits until I can watch the episode.

I accidentally clicked on a Medium topic and I hadn't watched the latest ep and got totally spoiled! I still enjoyed the episode, but totally my fault for not paying attention.

*hugs Cabri* Soon. Soon it will begin and we can all squee! icon_biggrin.gif

« Next Oldest · cabri's Inner 'Verse · Next Newest »